We've been listening to a lot of music around here lately and I wish we could listen to music all day, every day. We've been listening to a Primary program practice CD every morning because the Primary Sunday program is coming up. That is a great way to start the day. We've been listening to the Wicked musical soundtrack in the car. I try to turn on Sirius radio kids channel on TV for awhile in the afternoon so the boys can play and listen to music. I've been practicing the flute and hymns since I've been asked to play with our church choir for some songs. A few days ago I let myself have a few minutes to add more songs to my playlist since I wanted some cowboy songs to go with my new cowboy layout. I was reminded of a song I absolutely love by Trace Adkins - "You're Gonna Miss This". Here are some lyrics:
Five years later there's a plumber
Workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin' one kid's screamin'
And she keeps apologizin'
He says they don't bother me
I've got two babies of my own
One's thirty- six, one's twenty- three
It's hard to believe
But you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna' miss this.
This song has become my new anthem this week. I have no problem with spending time with my boys. That is what I love to do. I'll put any chore aside to play with them. But, every Mom no matter how diligent, loses her temper sometimes and this song reminds me how very short the young years are. I already can not believe how old my boys are and how fast it has already gone by. I wish I could rewind their ages temporarily sometimes. So hey, someday I will miss cleaning up teriyaki rice that Tot got EVERYWHERE! I know one day my kids will be all grown up and I would give anything to clean a huge mess if that meant having my kids be little again. I really wish I could freeze the boys right now because their ages are really fun. So there is one of my anthems. You can listen to it on my music player at the very bottom of the page.
My other anthem this week is one of my favorite church hymns - "I Believe in Christ". Politics are so crazy and skewed right now. More than ever. I'm no expert but it seems that more and more people are choosing temporary worldly fun over faith, family and values. I'm not perfect. I have a ton of things to work on! But, I do believe in Christ and I know that I am a daughter of God.
So, I keep these two songs in mind and take it one day at a time!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment! Comments make our days brighter! We hope that your family is happy, healthy and enjoying eachother. Love, The Bains